My daughter made these one afternoon while we were in the pool. Oh my gosh are they delicious and soft. If you are searching for a soft chewy cookie than search no more. Here is what she did. Enjoy!
1 ½ cups of All Purpose flour
½ tsp of Salt
¼ tsp of Baking Powder
¾ cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
1 cup of Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk for about 1 minute or so until blended.
3) Next add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix it all in until its all combined.
4) Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough on to the parchment lined baking sheets making to sure to place them a few inches apart.
5) Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges. Remember to rotate the baking sheets half way through cooking for even baking.
6) Vanilla Frosting to frost if desired. We added food coloring to the frosting for fun and who wouldn’t grab the sprinkles to top it off? Enjoy!